Offshore winds are blowing northeast between 25kt and 35kt, producing seas between 9 and 15 feet. We are hoping that mother nature will cooperate soon and allow our boats to get back out to the Norfolk Canyon soon. We remain hopeful that the fish will still be in the deep water. Before this northeast blow hit offshore fishing was solid with both the White and Blue Marlin biting, as well as the boats bringing in nice hauls of Mahi and a scattered Tuna bite, as well as the occasional Wahoo.
With the winds continuing to howl northeast between 25kt and 30kt the seas are really stirring up inshore today. Waves are predicted to be between 8 and 11 feet. We remain under a gale warning until late tonight. The boats have not been able to fish inshore in recent days due to the uncooperative weather. Though, before the blow we were seeing some nice catches of Spanish Mackerel and Bluefish, with a scattered bite of Cobia and King Mackerel. Looking at the upcoming forecast the weather should break the middle of next week, and hopefully the fleet can get back out and fishing again!
Rudee Inlet is currently producing a nice Spot bite, they are hitting on live bloodworms best. There are still some nice Croaker being caught on bloodworms and cut squid. The Flounder bite has been scattered in recent days, but have been hitting on live minnows as well as Gulps on a light jig head.